Sunday 3 February 2008

Enzo Calzaghe


BBC COACH OF THE YEAR 2007

Green Goddess: Lynne Allbutt
Feb 2 2008 by Lynne Allbutt, Western Mail

Top talk

I HAVE never been a big fan of boxing but after talking to Enzo Calzaghe, I have great respect for the man who has trained three world class boxing champions.

I am mightily impressed by the fact that in a single year, eight members of Team Calzaghe, all trained in the modest Newbridge gym, went unbeaten.

Enzo himself is a human dynamo – he exudes passion and confidence in what he does and it’s very infectious.

Paradoxically he admits to not really caring about gardening, saying that he finds it too much for a challenge.

“You’ve got to be passionate about something to want to do it, let alone be any good at it, and I’m not passionate about gardening.

“It’s too complicated and takes too much time.

“My wife, Jacqueline, is passionate about it though, she’s changing things all the time, getting new ornaments, moving things around.

“If I try to take the law into my own hands she tells me off straight away.

“I do like to be in a nice garden – I just don’t want to do the work. I hate weeds.”

Full interview http://icwales.icnetwork.co.uk/news/columnists/2008/02/02/green-goddess-lynne-allbutt-91466-20420127/